Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Williams Tony Williams is offline

Default Tarmac on a driveway

In article ,
jal wrote:
damn ... I saw 14 articles in this thread and thought that it was
going to be a useful discussion of a problem that I, too, have,
namely a buggered up concrete drive which I sometimes think I
might get tarmacced ...

We've just had our drive re-tarmac'd (tarmac slapped
straight onto tarmac). [1]

If it was a concrete base I think I'd get a good layer
of bitumastic painted onto the concrete first. This
would ensure that the tarmac is stuck down to the
concrete, rather than a layer that might lift.

[1] It was a repair by contractors from the local
water company, after a burst main damaged the front
20% of our drive. It was a little splash and dash
but I'm not complaining because they resurfaced the
whole drive, rather than patch the damaged section.

--
Tony Williams.