Gunner

Default Cleaning up a machine in daily use

On 07 Apr 2004 22:06:19 GMT, (GMasterman) wrote:

Guys, I'm looking for suggestions for cleaning my lathe and mill without having
to diassemble it. I need to get rid of the accumalated gunk and swarf that
loves to cover the bottom of the chip pan and all the little nooks and
crannies. I've done spots with brake cleaner and it does a decent job but I
still have a lot of ares that I do not want to get brake cleaner in to go. What
kind of solvent/cleaner do ya'll use and how often. I go through this a couple
of times a year when they get so nasty that I am ashamed for anyone to walk in
and see them. Been turning a lot of poly and find that I am getting too many
oily fingerprints on my turn parts! Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Local 99c store sells spray cans of engine degreaser. Works fine for me.
Though like most cleaners, may tend to fade paint a bit in places.

Simple Green is pretty good stuff also.

Gunner

"rm -rf /bin/laden

Bush = Root"