Posted to uk.d-i-y
DIY DIY is offline

Default Converting to Condensing Combi? Which boiler?

"Bob Smith" wrote:
Hi,

I have just purchased a ex local authority 3 bed semi which has gas
central heating (rads and cylinder).

I want to remove the cylinder (to gain the space of the airing cupboard)
and change the system to a combi.

No doubt this would be condensing. I have looked at the SEDBUK rating,
however there are a number of products with A rating. What would be the
recommendation of this group for boilers to look at considering 1)
effeciency 2) reliability 3) purchase cost.

Cheers

I have just had a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i Junior condensing combi
fitted to replace a knackered Baxi gas-fired back boiler. It meets your
criteria 1) and 2) but it isn't cheap. I don't see how you can have a very
efficient and reliable boiler that is also cheap!

http://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/index.php?fuseaction=product.home&con_id=125926