Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Battery Powered Sump Pump Problems

Try isolating various things. I'd suggest to unhook the discharge
pipe and (very briefly) run the pump. See if water comes out of
the pump. That way you'll know if it's the pipe or the pump.

Pull the pump out of the water, and see if there is any intake
screen, see that's clear.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"lagman" wrote in message
oups.com...
: All,
:
: I just bought a house with a redundant battery operated sump
pump
: installed (brand name is "Ace in the Hole"). I decided to test
it out
: by unplugging the main AC unit. The pump made noise like it
was
: running but didn't pump any water out. The date on the battery
says
: it is only 4 months old. I checked the battery water levels
and they
: were all ok.
:
: Any ideas? Does it sound like a bad pump? I should mention it
has
: its own pipe running from the pit to the outside, so maybe the
pipe is
: plugged?
:
: Thanks,