Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Paint Type Question

krw wrote:

In article et,
says...

Doug Miller wrote:

In article , "Don Phillipson" wrote:

When working with genuine cedar boards, reputable siding craftsmen
use (if anything) only stain, never paint.

Really? What if the homeowner _wants_ it painted? Do they refuse the job?

I'm always puzzled when folks want to paint cedar, redwood or pressure
treated lumber. If you paint it, why buy the expensive stuff?

Why does painted pressure treated lumber knot your panties? Ya gotta
do something with it, it and looks like hell by itself. My deck and
porch railings are painted PT. The deck itself is (solid) stained PT
(the porch is carpeted).

My house is mostly cedar (I've replaced most of of the crap pine that
was there) and stained with a solid stain, which might just as well
be paint. Don't see why that should upset you either.

Relax........my panties aren't in a knot. If wood is wrapped in paint,
it doesn't need to be pt or cedar or anything else fancy. Just a simple
issue to ponder )