Posted to alt.home.repair
Mac the Nice Mac the Nice is offline

Default Shading a Roof--with a roof?

"ransley" wrote in message
ups.com...
Im sure there are free Gov conservatoty groups and codes you can
review . . .

Speaking of doing a "review," there's an old boy who moonlights hereabout
doing one of those, where for his style of it he just stands out in front of
his barn any time an audience of two or three have gathered--and folks swear
you'll never hear or see anything funnier in this part of the county, let
alone the Ozarks at large, than the way old Orville over there at Possum
Trot Corners can take hold of the strap on his bib overalls, tip back his
hat and with a perfectly straight face, say, "codes!"

Omigod, it's killing me. Codes? Looks like Orville found himself some
competition in the funny-bone department.

wiith that amount of rain I think the oriinal roof will rott
in a few years. I think its a mistake big time. Your best bet is the
local city inspector as your home could be deemed and closed
as ..........UNLIVABLE..................

Holy pus-popping carbuncles for eye-holes! Look at that why don't you? He's
a killer that one, a real killer. He really ought to start up a "review".

But before some "city inspector" comes along and condemns this here
"ransley's" spellchecker as UNTENABLE due to mildew, mold and/or some
disgusting infection of gangrene--as to any such possibility of "rott"?
Heh. That's one thing experience of seeing an open soffit in application
teaches entirely and totally to the contrary: it is indeed, the whole idea
of the thing. Of course, you can buy the fancy pre-fab perforated soffit
panels to keep the squirrels, Gov inspectors and the ransleys out, or you
can the more wisely staple some hardware cloth up there, and pretty it up
with a squirt of paint. And that'll keep the varmints right where they
belong.

See this, ransley . . .

#############

That's what I've scrimped and saved and waited and searched 20 years to find
and get and put between me and your "rott" of codes and city inspectors for
so long as I shall live, as indeed there is no such GOD DAMNED thing
anywhere near us now as "codes" nor any "city" to impose them, not up in
this part of the hills. No city. No "inspector". No "ransleys". Nothing but
sun, sky, trees, pure air, pure water, singing birds, or in short, Life,
Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
:-)
--
Mackie
http://www.mackiemesser.zoomshare.com/0.html

--

Posted thru AtlantisNews - Explore EVERY Newsgroup