Posted to alt.home.repair
TH TH is offline

Default Window replacement dilemma -- please help

On Jul 16, 7:23 pm, Nick Hull wrote:
In article
.com,

TH wrote:
On Jul 16, 6:56 am, Nick Hull wrote:
Window World installs windows at about half what others charge
and I was pleased with their service and products when I had my
windows redone this spring. Get their estimate for the whole
job, it might not be expensive as you fear. Good windows will
ass a lot to the resale value of the house.

Window World is cheap, and their windows look it. I had a quote from
them and looked at a few of there installations. By far the ugliest
and cheapest looking windows around. They scream plastic, and have no
character. I decided to pay 3K more and get something I wouldn't hate
looking at each time I came home. Putting those windows in a 100 year
old house will probably lower it's value. There are nice looking vinyl
windows out there, but not from Window World.

To each his own, plastic works much better than wood or aluminum.

I wasn't knocking vinyl windows, just the windows from Window World, I
put vinyls in my house, but chose better looking ones from another
manufacturer.