Richard J Kinch

Default Cleaning up a machine in daily use

Harold & Susan Vordos writes:

I have high hopes you're not one of the fools that
chooses to clean with gasoline.

What's foolish about gasoline vs the other light hydrocarbons you are
advocating?

I'll assume you're jerking my chain here. Surely, you jest!

No, I'm not.

Flash point? I use a lot of VM&P naphtha for cleaning, that is what it is
sold for. Very similar to gasoline.

I would use the much cheaper gasoline, except for the unknown (and known)
non-hydrocarbon additives that may be unhealthy. At least the lead isn't
in there any more. Coleman sez you can burn it in their stoves.