Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Simple electrical question

** Frank ** wrote:
"dpb" wrote in message ...
** Frank ** wrote:
The schematic shows the PB is in parallel with the motor relay NO contact
and a solid state circuit board called "even heat control". After start
up, the PB is sealed by this motor relay contact providing 240V across
the motor windings. No ideal why both sides of the contact are at the
same potential before start up - goes against theory. Too many other
things to do right now but when I get around to it I'll open the control
panel up and measure it again.

I'm thinking you're then measuring a voltage from that board...

--

Could be, but if both sides of the PB contacts are at the same potential
(also same phase) when its open then there won't be any current flow across

The neon tester was a good idea.

Yeah, but I'm guessing one side or the other will disappear when
whatever logic on that board is activated or that it is, in fact, just a
phantom held by a high impedance looking back into the output of the
board...