Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Removing paint from brick? ? ?

In article , "Don Phillipson" wrote:
Brick is so porous
any paint that sticks to it becomes irremovable except
by scraping.

That's not true.

1. In my first house, some knucklehead previous owner had painted over a brick
fireplace. Four applications of methylene chloride-based paint remover
(ZipStrip brand specifically) removed _every_trace_ of paint.

2. Three blocks south of where I live now, some idiot had years ago painted an
entire brick house. The current owner had it sandblasted just last week, and
(from the street, at least) you can't tell it had ever been painted.

3. I would find it entertaining to watch you trying to scrape paint off of a
brick.

--
Regards,