Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Ceramic tiles over sheetrock for kitchen?

Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
We are thinking of installing ceramic tiles on the wall between the
integral backsplash and the underside of the wall cabinets when we
redo our kitchen. The wall is done with regular sheetrock (not
greenboard). Is this a good base for ceramic tiles, or should we
rip that section out and install tile backer board?

The existing sheetrock is just fine, no need at all for cement backer
board.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...