Posted to rec.woodworking
william kossack william kossack is offline

Default stanley #8 jointer plane

the main problem is the end of the blade has been somehow rounded. I'm
going to have to remove maybe a 1/16th of an inch of the blade to get a
straight edge to then sharpen

Old guy wrote:
A dull plane is a terrible thing, you should not be exposed to it. If
you'll send it to me, I'll relieve you of this serious problem.

Old Guy

"william kossack" wrote in message
I picked up a stanley #8 jointer plane over the weekend.

It looks in good shape but the blade needs to be tuned and sharpened. The
question is how. I have a slow speed grinder and a tormek. None of the
attachments that I have fit the width of the blade