Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default What *pocket' digi-cam do you carry ..?

T i m wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 18:19:28 GMT, Stuart Noble
wrote:

They all take good pictures in ideal conditions.

Well I've seen some pretty dire results from what looked like it
should be a good camera but that wasn't recently.

IMO the ability to slip
it in your pocket is the main thing, and that is very different to
slipping it in your handbag.

Agreed.

I don't like small, chunky cameras but
rather flat (pocket shaped) ones.

Understood. I think one of the restrictions to this though might be
the ability to get a good / reliable zoom in such a thin package. Make
it a few mm thicker and this becomes easier but at the risk of
becoming 'chunky'.

Hence my earlier suggestion of the Minolta X series with a x3 zoom that
operates internally