Richard J Kinch

Default Cleaning up a machine in daily use

Harold & Susan Vordos writes:

You can buy Stoddard solvent from most oil distributors. They carry
it in bulk and will gladly fill your 5 gallon container, at least
where I've come from. I highly recommend against using kerosene,
diesel fuel and other oils, none of which are SOLVENTS, in spite of
their ability to dissolve other oils. They do not dry clean the way
solvents do. I have high hopes you're not one of the fools that
chooses to clean with gasoline.

What's foolish about gasoline vs the other light hydrocarbons you are
advocating?