Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Trunking (coiled)

On 2007-07-18 00:57:55 +0100, Lurch said:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:55:32 +0100, Andy Hall
mused:

On 2007-07-17 17:33:01 +0100, David Hansen
said:

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 16:50:46 +0100 someone who may be Andy Hall
wrote this:-

- The double sided sticky tape is fairly poor

It is available with and without sticky tape. Personally I would not
bother with the sticky tape variety but fasten it to the wall with
nails or screws. Before the sides are clipped up nails are a doddle,
as another poster has indicated.

If you are going to do that, then it is better to use the already
moulded stuff in the first place

- The trunking has a tendency to curl

Not after the sides have been clipped up.

Don't you believe it. It then twists instead.

However, the lid can be a problem in some batches where the grips
are not strong enough.

Especially after the trunking itself has warped and twisted

- It is dimensionally different to fittings for equivalent standard trunking.

Not a great problem. There are suitable corners and the like
available.

Rather stupid when it would have been perfectly simple to have made it
to the standard size.

There is usually a very slight difference between most makes of
trunking and manufactured bend covers. I have a large box with 4 or 5
different manufacturers fittings in and some will fit on trunking of a
different make, some won't.

Even more useless than I thought, although perhaps not since the
manufacturer can then obtain a product lock in.