Posted to alt.rv,misc.consumers.house,misc.taxes,misc.consumers.frugal-living,misc.survivalism
Myal Myal is offline

Default Woman is content living in 84-sq. ft. tiny dream home.

Dean wrote:
On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:56:38 GMT, Myal wrote:

Rich256 wrote:

On Jul 15, 4:24 pm, Just A User wrote:

Useful Info wrote:

Electricity from solar.
Propane from a small container.
$10k for the entire house.
No mortgage...

Wait... no debt? Isn't that un-American? Aren't we all supposed to be
enslaved to the banks?

See the video athttp://Muvy.org

I saw it featured on a major media channel. While this is along the idea
of something I would like to put on my land in TX, I do think 84sq ft is
a bit on the small side for 1 person. I have messed around with floor
plans for small cabins and came up with a 500sq ft floor that seemed
livable. Actually I started with about 1000sq ft and worked my way down
to about 500. Very simple rectangular design, 1 bed, 1 bath, kitchen,
dining / living area. Tried to keep the design /green/ I.E. solar power,
supplemental water via rain water harvesting, composting toilet, etc.
etc. etc. I figured I could do the whole thing for about $10k using
recycled stuff.

An Alternative:

http://tinyurl.com/2corcd

its kinda sad that people are reduced to that in "wealthy" lands

I was just talking with the people in the neighboring site in our
campground here in North Pole, Alaska. They mentioned they ran into a
60ish woman at a car dealership this afternoon who was just returning
from the Arctic Ocean (she had dipped her feet into the Arctic Ocean).

She lives in her car and sleeps when she wants along side the road. He
said she was at the dealership (which sold her the car) asking for a
cup of coffee and to use the restroom. She was retired military, bar
tender and prison guard and was searching for "adventure"!

To each her own.

Dean

Living in a car is not bad ,

living in a toilet cubicle tho ... it would get stenchy at times ... I
wouldnt want that nor wish it on anyone but a politician