Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Hinges

In article ,
says...
Stupidest question ever!

Bought some hinges (Stanley, 5 knuckle variety) and I noticed that one side
of the hinge (the 3 knuckle side with the company name stamped on it) has a
slight bend to it at the knuckle and the other side is flat. Which side
goes on the door and which side goes on the jamb?

I always put the three knuckle side on the frame. It makes it easier
to hang the door without scratching anything. The two knuckles on
the door go on either side of the center knuckle on the jamb. The
outer knuckles prevent the knuckles on the door from scratching the
jamb until everything is aligned and the pins slide home.

--
Keith