Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default need ideas for finding a plumbing leak.

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 17:47:27 -0700, marson
wrote:

The only problem is that we
can't get a plumbing final passed--seems like there is a fitting that
has come apart in the vent portion of the DWV. I am looking for some
brilliant ideas to find it, short of filling the system with water and
looking for the leak.

Is this a two story home?

The first years or so of owning my last house; it seemed like on
Monday there was a wet carpet spot on the first floor. It so happens
the master tub drained right down/angled to the first floor. The bride
used to tub on Sunday evening.

A rubber sleeve was not coupled correctly to the ABS and the water
from the tub drained through the wall studs.. about four foot from the
floor.

You will need to open the sheetrock to fix this.

--
Oren