Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default Removing paint from brick? ? ?

In article _1cni.4599$4J4.2964@trndny05, "Ray" wrote:
We have a brick hearth which was speckled with paint droppings many years
ago.

I've done everything I can think of to get the drops out -- scraping,
scrubbing, even used paint remover. But nothing works. I think the paint has
seeped deep into the brick.

Any suggestions welcome.

What kind of paint remover did you use? If it did not contain methylene
chloride, then try again with a brand that does. ZipStrip is one such brand,
there are probably others. You probably won't find ZipStrip at Lowe's or Home
Depot, but Ace Hardware sells it.

--
Regards,