Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Can this 12 V TV be fixed

"Nowhere" wrote in message

It's been a while since I did one, but as far as I can recall, the
diode is a pretty 'standard' looking thing, about 5-7mm long, coupla
mm or so on the diameter, black plastic, white or silver band one
end. I seem to recall it being pretty obvious, near to the input
socket, but that's to the experienced eye.

Its the same size but is clear plastic with the leads colored red as
they enter the plastic Cant see any bands in silver or black I could
email you a photo if you wish then I can be sure it is the same thing

Mike

I don't think that this sounds like what we are looking for. By all means
e-mail me a photo if you like, and one of the whole lower part of the board
as well. If you do them in a reasonably high res and Jpeg or PDF them, I
should be able to zoom up on them pretty well to see if I can remember where
the diode was, and spot it. BB connection here, so no issue with size up to
mailbox capacity - say 8 meg to allow for other stuff that might be in
there.

Arfa