Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] tnom@mucks.net is offline

Default Fan Power Consumption

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:46:33 GMT, Vey wrote:

wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 21:04:05 GMT, (Joe) wrote:

Lasko Premium 20" three-speed box fan

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/pro...4507&s=kitchen

170 watts

This is the next to useless number I mentioned in my post. It is the
theoretical maximum amount based on the theoretical voltage. In the
field, voltage can vary and so can the usage. I know it sounds nutty,
but I've seen variations of more than 15% from the theory and that, to
me, is unacceptable.

If +/- 15 % is unacceptable then the clamp on ampmeter you suggested
from Harbor Freight would also be unacceptable.