Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field ian field is offline

Default Philips MC-110 micro midi style stereo.

TBH I'm not keen on working on audio stuff - especially ones that have
mechanical bits and servos and stuff, so I may even weigh up the cost of
someone else having a look against the price of a new one.

The CD plays normally for about an hour then the spindle motor gradually
becomes erratic, slowing, stopping and occasionally going backwards, I've
only had it about 4 years, which seems a bit soon to bin it so I wondered if
its a stock fault anyone can tell me where to look for?

TIA.