Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Some problems with my first vase

On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:24:29 -0600, william kossack
wrote:

a quick way to get that little nub out is a forstner bit mounted in your
tailstock with a drill chuck

Then, all you have to do is get the friggin' hole from the point of the forstner
bit smoothed out... BTDT got the t-shirt..

Being a devout coward, I use the largest, thickest round nose scraper that will
fit in the opening to smooth the bottom.. If I have to, I'll use my round
side-scraper, but a full round nose is a lot more stable and safer, IMO...

(Counting fingers and enjoying getting to 10)

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing