Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nowhere Nowhere is offline

Default Can this 12 V TV be fixed

Look for a shorted diode near the input jack as others have
recommended. If you are handy with a soldering iron and a DMM you
might get lucky and be able to easily fix this.

So far so good

Got the back off and think I have identified the diode Right next to
the DC input around 7mm long in glass/plastic The two leads in are
colored red. It could well be blown but very difficult to see

If I get a multimeter and plug the adaptor in and check I could verify
a this I suppose

If I want to replace it where would I get another from and what would I
need to look for (Spec etc)

Thanks

Mike