Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Can this 12 V TV be fixed

"Nowhere" wrote in message

How in the bloody hell do you reverse the polarity on that? Did it
not come with plugs and adapters that prevent such lunacy?
You may luck out with an internal polarity protection device and a
fuseable something or other or you may have done greater, more
costly damage.

Did the original power supply burn up, and you just found this one
with the right plug on, and assumed it would be right, by any chance
? I've seen it happen a couple of times. Most of those Bush models
have a polarity protection diode right across the power socket, and
it fails short circuit.

Arfa

No excuses it was a cock up of great magnitude I was trying an
alternative adaptor which had been cobbled together with an uncertain
polarity (unknown to me). My instincts were warning me but I had been
told that it should not damage the TV Serves me right I suppose

Normally I am quite handy and sensible with this type of work having
built 3 computers over the years. If I know what to look for and test I
could give it a go Just wasn't sure it was salvageable

Are there any technical specs anyahere I could check

Thanks

Mike

Look for a shorted diode near the input jack as others have recommended. If
you are handy with a soldering iron and a DMM you might get lucky and be
able to easily fix this.