Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Mike is offline

Default Ooohhh....shiny. Is the Festool Domino right for me?

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 16:19:14 GMT, "Leon"
wrote:

Well, probably not. I strongly suspect that there is a pantent on the
Domino. The Fein Multimaster has not had any real competition until
relatively reccently when their patent expired. I have never seen any
Festool prices drop and because they have a strict priving policy you
probably will not see a drop in price. And like the Lamelllo plate joiner
the Domino will probably remain at higher prices even after the patent runs
out, if there is one.

assume you meant " strict pricing policy"

The Domino is around the equivalent of USD 1050 in the UK, a quick
google shows those lucky, lucky *******s in the US are paying around
USD 700.

So it's not that strict a pricing policy

Festool dealers offer next to bugger all discount on list price in
the UK, about the equivalent of USD 60.