Posted to uk.d-i-y
Anna Anna is offline

Default Limecrete patio slab?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:22:10 -0700, wrote:

I'm not so much concerned with drainage as condensation.

I dont think you need be concerned, its only the butt edge which is
impermeable and now the plastic floor covering is gone presumably
there is plenty of floor surface to allow evaporation

The
limecrete slab does not have to be hard wearing, as I will pave it
with a natural stone.

I'm not sure what the problem would be with using bagged hydrated lime
so long as it's fresh. From what I've tried so far, it sets in a
couple of weeks, and you can speed that up by adding a little cement.

A floor slab isnt a very testing situation so yes you will probably be
ok. After all, where is the slab going to go? Some spalling round the
edges perhaps from frost damage so maybe you should clad the edges in
stone too

Dunno if conservatories are covered by building regs?

Anna