Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Electrical Question

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 17:09:39 -0700, Andrew Sarangan
wrote:

On Jul 16, 7:52 pm, mm wrote:
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:55:03 -0700, Alan
wrote:

Here is the weird thing. When I put my electrical sensor (I don't
have a volt meter, just the device that beeps if current is present)
to the wires of light B, it beeps as if current is present when the

I don't have one of these things that beeps, so I really don't know,
but does it beep when current is present, or when voltage is? If
current were flowing in the area between A and B, it's either going
through the lightbulb or a short circuit or something.

You know that there can be voltage without current, right?

They come in both types, as a current sensor or as a voltage sensor,
or some of them have dual mode. It is a handy device because it is a
noncontact measurement.

Thanks. I gotta get me one. I don't really have a use for it now,
but I gotta get me one.

I think the original poster was saying current when he actually meant
voltage.