Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Circuit breaker trip puzzle

On Jul 12, 2:10 pm, Gary Tait wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote :

In article ,
Ron(UK) wrote:
One of the entertainment venues I work at has no sockets in the
dressing rooms because there are showers. When I enquired if we could
fit RCD protected sockets, I was told in no uncertain terms No.

So what happens now is that artists plug their own mains extension
cable into a socket in the corridor outside the dressing room and
under the door!

Yup - this is exactly what some do for drying/clipping hair in their
bathroom - so they can use the mirror.

I've oft wondered if a transformer isolated 13 amp socket - 3kW
isolating transformer - would conform to the current regs?

I doubt it. I belive current regs only permit an isolated transformer
receptical for small motorised appliances or chargers, such as razors or
toohtbrushes.- Hide quoted text -

And I thought some of the USA regulations went too far.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann