Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Can this 12 V TV be fixed

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:37:13 +0000, Nowhere wrote:

The 12 V DC power polarity to a flatscreen TV was unfortunately reversed

The TV does not now function and I would like to know if anything can
be done to repair it or is all lost

Thanks

How in the bloody hell do you reverse the polarity on that? Did it not
come with plugs and adapters that prevent such lunacy?
You may luck out with an internal polarity protection device and a
fuseable something or other or you may have done greater, more costly
damage.

Did the original power supply burn up, and you just found this one with the
right plug on, and assumed it would be right, by any chance ? I've seen it
happen a couple of times. Most of those Bush models have a polarity
protection diode right across the power socket, and it fails short circuit.

Arfa