Posted to alt.home.repair
krw krw is offline

Default Gutters/Leaf Protection

In article om,
says...

i picked a couple of gutter installers out of the yellow pages. i told
them
both i wanted gutter guards and gutters installed on my new house. The
first team came by and they seemed alright. I think the gutter were
@1500

Holy house thieves, Batman! Unless you have one *hell* of a house
you got raped!

and the leaf guard was around $1300 or 14 additional. I didn't go

Yikes!

check with
leaf guard to see if they were approved installers. leaf guard meant
nothing to
me at that point, i just wanted gutter guards because the house is too
tall
for me to clean the gutters easily.

install went ok. They completed the job, looked nice from the ground.
I paid
them. This was around march.

come May, i had birds. Called these guys back, and one guy returned,
got
on his ladder, and removed all nests. I was at work and didn't
witness.

birds returned. I duct taped my digital camera to a swimming pool
vacuum pool,
extended it out the 2nd floor windows, and took pictures of the
corners. They were
open.

contacted leaf guard. they asked the same question you did - who
installed. Not on
approved list. LG had not idea how they got the product, but confirmed
from my pictures in
*was* leafguard.

I said, ok, send me the corner pieces and i'll get them installed. She
told me there
are NO corner pieces. Correct instll would have overlalpped on the
corners.

told me not to worry, they will stand behind their product and will
send approved
contractor out to fix.

lather. rinse, repeat.

I think I would have had a lawyer remind them of their agreement.

finally give up and pay handyman to remove guards.

Likely the best solution anyway, but one that cost a bundle.

--
Keith