Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] phillymn@gmail.com is offline

Default Window replacement dilemma -- please help

Thanks for the input so far guys. I think rebuilding my current
windows is a cool option, but with no time (two small children) and no
proper workshop, might not be feasible. I've been poking around the
web for wood replacements which look pretty nice and seem to cost
about as much if I DIY as I would spend for an ugly vinyl replacement
+ labor. I'll look into it further, but based on the concerns about
aesthetics and property value, I think I've pretty much ruled out
slapping in cheap vinyls as a band-aid approach.