Posted to alt.guitar.amps,sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Beautifying a 1979 Peavey Combo

"N Cook" wrote in message
Minor repair to it but as it has a 15 inch Black Widow speaker etc, the
owner was thinking of giving it a make-over.
I went to my local electro-plating firm but to do the 8 corner protectors,
and 4 other bits of rust spotted chromed steel would have been 50 GBP /
100
USD - bit too much . Hampshire Electroplating, Empress Rd, Southampton,
I was there when a vintage car owner was picking up his perfect
mirror-finnish chromed headlights that looked like those American
Fireman's
helmets.
Anyway, anyone any other ideas other than replacing with new to disguise
this rust spots. ? I tried on a similar bit of scrap , rusted chrome steel
fluxing, heating and lead/tin solder but it did not flow and removed what
chrome was remaining.
Anyone tried chrome-plating , do it yourself ?

Half way down the page

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?...urce=15&S D=Y

Arfa