Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Garbage disposal frozen

"Jr." wrote in message
Thanks to all for the advice.

I took some of it and the disposal is working fine again.

The allen key did not work because it was really jammed but I can see how
that should work.

I finally got frustrated and took a screwdriver I had that is 12 inches
long and has a pretty thick shaft (about 1/2" of steel) and put it down
the sink. I pushed the blades counter-clockwise and it suddenly spun.

I put something over the drain so nothing could spin out at me and turned
on the disposal and it spun like a new top.

I think there might have been part of a coffee bean stuck in ther.

Again, thanks to all!!

You got lucky. If it had been something hard like a bone or a bottle cap,
you could have knocked a hole in the housing.

Spinning the blades without finding the cause of the jam = a bad idea that
can cost you a good disposal.

Steve