Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] homeopathicremediesunlimited@googlemail.com is offline

Default circuit breaker problem (fuse box) advice needed.

On Jul 16, 11:09 am, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article . com,
wrote:

He did mention RCD. It's not my printer though - this was unplugged
last night when the power went off.
Now I think it's my alarm.

The most likely thing is something with some types of heating element.
Like a water heater, cooker, washing machine etc. These can go 'leaky' and
cause an RCD to trip - even when appearing to work normally. And if not
isolated by a double pole switch can even cause problems when switched
off. Isolating that circuit via the CU MCB won't sort the problem either
as these are a single pole switch.

The cooker and immersion *should* be isolated fully by their double pole
master switches. Washing machines etc by unplugging. You can save yourself
a deal of cost by finding out just what is causing the problem.

It could be the burglar alarm, but this would be well down my list to
check. It should also have a double pole isolating FCU - but some older
ones were single pole.

--
*Also too, never, ever use repetitive redundancies *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

I've found the main switch to the heating is on. I have turned that
off.
The secondary trip switches for the heating were all off though.

I'll see how that goes. Everything else is unplugged.