Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tronic Tronic is offline

Default circuit breaker problem (fuse box) advice needed.

On Jul 16, 11:01 am,
wrote:
On Jul 15, 6:15 pm, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Might be the last straw that breaks the camels back..Although things are
better today, the inrush on a roomful of PC and monitior SMPS's was
enough to flip a 30A MCB in my day.

Had to be switched on one at a time..

Rings are designed for domestic use where diversity applies. A roomful of
PCs suggests commercial use and the circuits should be designed for that
purpose.

However the average house is getting more like a commercial operation
every day

(reply to all)

It goes off at night. I left everything unplugged last night even the
fridge.
I think now it's the alarm. I'm thinking of snipping the wires from
the transformer
to the circuit board within the alarm to prove this. Is this wise?

I leave the alarm turned off at night.

By the way the alarm will go off *sometimes* when I turn the power
back on from the
main trip switch.