Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default What *pocket' digi-cam do you carry ..?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 07:50:47 +0100, " cupra"
wrote:

T i m wrote:
Hi All,

I am interested in a 'pocketable' digi-cam with reasonable quality
(for typical indoor / outdoor 'snapshots'), good battery life (ideally
replaceable if not std cells) with expandable memory and not a fortune
(so ~£100 etc) please?

Better pictures than yer typical camera-phone[1] and not as bulky as
what you might take out for real 'photography'?

It doesn't need to be truly rugged or waterproof as such (but it
would be nice if it still fits the remit above), the sorta thing you
might carry with you to record those before and after d-i-y / work
shots and not need to really mollycoddle (but not meaningfully abuse
ether of course).

What is in *your* pocket? ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

[1] I know some phones have pretty good cameras on them now days but
we don't have / want such a phone ta.

I have a Fuji F20 that I use when I don't take out the DSLR:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Fujifilm.ht m

http://tinyurl.com/yptflv

For a cheap camera it feels quite 'solid' and well made.

Example:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...1523908&size=l

Thanks to all who have answered so far. I will have a closer Google on
each when I get a mo.

To Cupra, thanks for the links etc and I have some Q's re the F20 LE
if I may. Argos show it as the F20 LE and seem to be the only supplier
of it in that form. Any idea what the differences (apart from colour)
between the F20 and F20LE models please?

Something I spotted on a spec somewhere was an ability to take two
shots, one with and one without flash and display both side-by-side.
Does the LE do that do you know?

Also, what sort of real world battery life have you got out of it
(both in intense use plus when just 'left' unused / uncharged for a
few weeks).

A Fuji would be handy because we have had them in the past so have
some xD cards already.

All the best ..

T i m