Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB SteveB is offline

Default Garbage disposal frozen

"John Gilmer" wrote

As things go, disposals are pretty cheap (if you don't get carried away)
and
easy to replace. Find a model with the same dimensions and you can
replace
it in a few minutes.

Amen to that. When I went purchasing replacement disposals, I would look at
the ones big enough to digest semi truck tires and say, "Huhhhhh?"

They're disposable disposals, folks. You can get a good one for $60. Less
on sale. If you use them to chew up very large chunks of "stuff", you might
want a bigger one. Or, if you're of the school that you NEVER turn on the
garbage disposal or dishwasher until you can't put another cubic centimeter
of "stuff" in there, then you might need a big one.

The first one's a bugger to change, and after that, they take less and less
time until you can change one in a very short time.

Steve