Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central AC Advice

"Travis Jordan" wrote in message
.. .
kjpro @ usenet.com wrote...
I'd recommend Arcoaire, Comfortmaker, Heil, Tempstar, AirQuest,

Keeprite,
Maratherm, Lennox, AirEase, Armstrong Air, Carrier, Bryant, Payne,

Rheem,
Ruud, Weathermaker, Gibson, Frigidaire, Tappen, Maytag, Goodman,

Janitrol,
York, Coleman, etc...

Goodman?

Yes, Goodman...

I'm tired of people that continue to rate their products by name... it's a
joke to rate HVAC equipment by name alone.

Who spec's the job?
Who's the end manufacture?
Who's the guy that tunes the equipment?

It's the HVAC company and their personnel.

So, until the day that HVAC products become "plug and play" devices... the
name is only a small part of the complete installation.

Anyone who doesn't understand this, doesn't understand HVAC... PERIOD!!!!
So, for the guys that rave on Trane/American Standard (being the best)...
are usually the one's that don't understand what it takes to make today's
equipment operate with-in the manufacture's specifications! And why one
brand will outlast another (it's not because one is better than the other).