Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default How often should an interior fuel oil tank be cleaned out?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:15:00 -0000, wrote:

Is there enough value associated with cleaning out the tank as to make

I only have my own case as an example. House is 28 years old. I've
never done any maintenance to my tank, on legs in my basment. When I
started reading this list, someone brought it up, so I looked at the
bottom of the tank and afaict it loooked the same as 24 years ago.

Because I'm screwed up, and not always on auto delivery, I've run out
of oil at least 4 times (once which I was on auto iirc) and I guess
since the fuel line has no filter, every time I've run out, I've had
to prime the pump again, and I think every or almost every time, I've
had to replace the nozzle (which has a hole so small I can't barely
see the opening and can't see the hole) But most people replace the
nozzle every year anyhow, isn't that right. I found a place that will
sell me nozzles, for times I run out of oil.