Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default A/C IDEAS ?

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 12:44:21 -0700, "RJ"
wrote:

Seems like it would be more economical
to have one central unit, and circulate chilled water
to heat exchanger in the rooms.

On the other hand,
I've got a neighbor who opted for window units
instead of having central air installed in his house.
He saved a bundle ! $300 vs $3000
And, he claims his electric bill is alot less too.

Poor Mr. Flibertyjib, with a jingle jangle jingle in his head.

We'll try the country life he said, we'll try it, and maybe if we like
we'll buy it.

I lived in the city and it was never that loud, but now that I'm in
the suburbs, the last thing I want is the noise of a room ac. Even
the fan on the central heat and AC makes more noise than I want. Even
a table fan I slow down so I won't hear it.

????
rj