Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central AC Advice

"jay" wrote in message
ups.com...
When was the last time you had a professional maintenance
check on that system?

Most recently about two years ago. He added some freon.

Why? Did he find and repair the leak at that time too?

15 years is a reasonable lifetime for a home HVAC system so it's
probably time to think about replacing both ends of the system. The
improved efficiency of today's equipment will reduce your electric bill
a noticable amount. I've had good luck with Trane equipment.

So far local dealers quoted me REEM RAN13 for $3700 or Lennox 14ACX
for $5000. I'll check on Trane. Thx.

No need too, the installer is far more important then the brand name!!!