Posted to alt.home.repair
DanG DanG is offline

Default So, How do I rip these old Lights out?

You will be time and money ahead to replace the fixture(s). You
would need to replace the ballast and the lamp sockets to go to
T8.

If you are asking how to get the old fixture gone, yes, take out
the lamp, open/remove the cover that is hiding the ballast. You
should see the electrical connection, the ballast, and the screws
holding the fixture at this time.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"Edward" wrote in message
oups.com...
35 year old magnetic lights (north American 110/60Hz) and I'm
wondering how the heck am I supposed to get rid of these and puc
in
some new fangled T8's?

I replaced my undercabined lights with no problem. But these,
I'm not
so sureof. So I have to take them apapart and find screws
inside?

http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?i...sc00811yu9.jpg