Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric9822 Eric9822 is offline

Default Can you extend a PVC clean-out port?

On Jul 15, 8:41 am, Robert Allison wrote:
Eric9822 wrote:
On Jul 14, 10:58 pm, dean wrote:
But ABS is not sold any more is it, at least at the big stores. (The
black plastic pipe, that is). Its all PVC now, as far as I can see.

Allow me to clarify. The permanent waste piping in a home is usually
ABS. The traps, tail pieces, etc at the sinks are PVC. The cleanouts
are usually associated with the permanent waste piping.

That may be a regional thing. I have been building
residential and light commercial for over 30 years in central
texas, yet have never seen an ABS system in fixed
construction. Only PVC is used in this area. I still find
clay pipe, cast iron pipe, and pvc, but only in mobile homes
have I ever seen ABS piping for anything.

YMMV.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

I guess it is a regional thing, you learn something new every day.
I'm on the west coast and it's all ABS in my area. I've never seen
PVC used for waste lines. Thanks.