Posted to rec.woodworking
mac davis mac davis is offline

Default Zero Clearance Table Insert

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:37:35 -0500, user wrote:

Don't you have any mesquite down there that you could resaw, let dry
for a year, shape it to fit your insert, etc...?

Sort of a "sore" topic...

Everyone told me about all the ironwood and mesquite "laying around the
desert"....

We almost bought a desert rail to go get some... real rational thinking, spend 8
or 10 thousand bucks to go find a few bucks in wood.. lol

Went on 3 "scouting" trips with the local 4x4 club here and didn't find ANYTHING
usable..

Being in the middle of a huge desert reserve, you can only take down wood, and
what little there was on the ground was old, termite munched, rotted and a great
home for scorpions and rattlesnakes...

We're going to Yuma soon for a shopping trip...
She goes to wally world, etc... I go to Lowes and harbor freight...

I've found that the best way to smuggle lumber across the border is to bury it
in groceries.. lol

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing