Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default wood for grilling planks

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jul 15, 8:39 am, (Ross Hebeisen) wrote:
if your just going to the lumber yard to get your cedar, be aware that
it may have been treated for insects or fungis

Very true...I told the yard that I was using the cedar for grilling
and was told the cedar was not treated in any way. This was from the
guy in the nice shirt at the front counter, not the 17 year-old in the
ripped T-shirt driving the forklift.

And this nicely dressed fellow would be sure to know what might have
been done at the kiln as it was dried even if it wasn't preservative
treated?

(Not that its very likely w/ cedar and I'm not suggesting it was, simply
questioning the reliance of the information source as being
infallible... )