Posted to uk.d-i-y
diypaint diypaint is offline

Default Removing emulsion paint from plaster

On Jul 15, 2:22 pm, "Brian Reay" wrote:
When built, our house walls were painted with emulsion paint. This hasn't
bonded that well and, before redecorating each room, we've painstayingly
scrapped it off. We are now on the last room (well actually the hall and
stairs) where, in some places, the paint has adherred. Never the less, we
are trying to remove it prior to redecorating (ie we want a good smooth
surface).

Currently we are spraying with water to "soak it" and then scrapping. We
know a steaming works but it can also cause the plaster to "blow".

Any ideas how to make this a little easier?

TIA

Brian

Try some homestrip......

http://www.ecosolutions.co.uk/Home-BaseA.htm#