Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Silverline tools

Scabbydug wrote:
Where I work we sell Silverline tools, hand as well as power.
Absolute crap they are but it's what lots of people want.
Fortunately the more discerning customers go for the better quality
tools but if we don't cater for the bottom end of the market we get
the 'we can get that cheaper elsewhere' brigade.
I'm curious to know others opinion of Silverline.

Toolstation sell a lot of Silverline stuff, but you don't know its
Silverline till you get it.

Bit like a curates egg - good in parts.

I've had a couple of guide clamps, a mini shovel, and a decking board tool
which have been great. I have half a dozen of their multi packs - washers,
self tappers, e clips, split pins etc which have been a godsend in my line
of work.

But I've also had some butt hinge markers and a solder mat which were as
much use as a back pocket in a sock.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman