Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design
Ron(UK) Ron(UK) is offline

Default Opinions on adding fuses to power amp

Eeyore wrote:

N Cook wrote:

Ron(UK) wrote
Ah you're talking abput the hatched (scotched) type thing, I`m sure
that`s solder paste screen printed on during manufacture of the pcb.

None of that on this one but I know what you mean. But some extrusion of
solder paste process via a vinyl sign cutter type plotter mechanism in place
of the cutter would be more likely than molten solder. Then fused onto the
board before populating with components but would that take solder bath
soldering of the components afterwards ?

No.

You've gone completely berserk.

Graham

As I understand it, in modern pcb production, the majority of the solder
is 'silk screened' as a paste, onto the board as part of the process,
then once the majority of components have been positioned, the whole
assembly is passed between radiant heaters to melt the solder paste and
fuse the whole lot together.

Of course, I could be wrong.

It's a miracle that any electronic stuff works at all these days!

Ron(UK)