Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jay1028 Jay1028 is offline

Default Surge protectors?

I like Hapticz post. Don't use the power company at all. I have read
all the IEEE and NIST info and it looks like I am doing what I can to
make the earthing as good as I can, I may be supporting all the hocus
pocus that the surge protector companies put out by buying some of
their products, but al least I am doing a lot a reading and making a
somewhat educated decision on what to buy.

The whole house device is my best bet and I'll just have to be
dependent on the clamping feature provided by the point of use
devices. I'll spend a couple of hundred doillars on devices that may
or may not save my equipment, but I figure it is better than doing
nothing.